Enterprise Agility is not about products, increasing speed, adapting to customers, reducing cost or even employee empowerment its about creating the human cohesion that delivers all of these business desires and more it establishes behavioural change and a new flexible TOM.Karl Smith CEO Paradigm Interactions Inc.
What is Enterprise Agility?
Enterprise Agility replaces traditional organisational structures and redefines the organisation of labour, departmentalisation, management and decision-making authority. In turn staff move from one type of specialisation an I type person to enable them a wider engagement and impact through T and X types of work involvement.
Enterprise Agility is about moving on from the Henry Ford model of departments and silos into an integrated way of working that naturally responds to customer needs.
Enterprise Agility removes;
- Functional departmentalisation
- Geographic departmentalisation
- Product departmentalisation
- Technology platform departmentalisation
- Customer / market departmentalisation
Enterprise Agility adds;
- A single accountable person for the outcomes of the work
- Work type definitions with one pan organisation focus (customers is a common one)
- Simplified, self-service and automated governance, components and outcome validations
Enterprise Agility enables the business to be able to be first to market through innovation and invention by faster release of new ideas, products and services.Karl Smith CEO Paradigm Interactions Inc.
DevOps3 slices through the business to align with the customer outcomes and situates everything together either permanently or by continuous alignment that is need to ensure that the customer outcomes are also everyone else’s outcomes.
How can you determine if real Enterprise Agility exists in an organisation?
- There is a single point of governance for each critical oversight pan organisation and there are no localisations (local definitions are transparent centrally if critical).
- Pan Organisation Outcomes (have a chain of custody and are always visible)
- Pan Organisation Experience (is strategic sitting outside the Business and Technology setting experience outcomes and validating outcomes), the rise of the CXO to the Board
- Pan Organisation Assurance (indication controls, security, resilience and continuity is unified)
- Pan Organisation Architecture and Engineering (from framework to delivery is unified)
- The flow of work is transparent and measured on cycle time to ensure continuous optimisation from inception to value delivery (everyone stops delivering products and internal services) of verifiable outcomes.
- The flow of work has a single oversight owner pan organisation regardless of the skills being used on it.
- Outcomes and validation criteria are broadly set at Enterprise level with an overall budget to meet them.
- The work flow is tightly connected to outcomes and validation criteria not budgets, work areas, people or processes.
- The work can be stopped at anytime should it not be considered performant to outcomes or outcome change and the finances will not be lost just redirected.
- An exhaustive list is available as part of Consultancy from Paradigm Interactions Inc.
Paradigm Interactions is offering a unique service that is tailored to your current business that will establish Enterprise Agility though enabling your existing staff to own the transformation and be guided by our consultants until no longer needed.
142total visits,2visits today